Google Friend Connect Followers:

Translate this Blog:

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Inside Castillo de San Marcos National Monument

Hello everyone! Another week for Tuesday Travels eh? (*v*) This week, I will be showing some of the photos that I took while we were inside Castillo de San Marcos National Monument.This National Monument is the oldest masonry fort in the United States located in the city of St. Augustine, Florida.This place was constructed by the Spanish when Florida was a Spanish territory.During the twenty year period of British possession, the fort was renamed Fort St. Mark then, when Florida became a U.S. territory in 1821, this place was renamed Fort Marion.The name Castillo de San Marcos was restored by Congress in 1942.Here I am with hubby, taking a souvenir shots at the entrance of Castillo de San Marcos.It was in the afternoon, the tourists gathered at the courtyard, waiting for the re-enactment of the staff in costume.The picture below was taken while I was at the Bastion area.The view at the courtyard.Here we are taking another souvenir photo at the courtyard.Yes, this place was featured in the show Ghost Adventures, check it out in You Tube.

4 comments:

  1. nice historical place, much like coreggidor island in the philippines. Was here for TT, I appreciate if you visit my entry

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pictures Ate Ahmee :-) very informative too and what a historic site this is :-) I thought I see this place at Ghost Hunter and I was right :-) Visiting from Tuesdays Travel, hope that you can return the visit too.

    http://www.tropical7107islands.com/2012/03/my-us-citizenship-oath-taking.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! It always reminds me of that episode of Ghost Adventures. My goodness! It is one magnificent place. I wouldn't mind visiting it! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always look forward to a St. Augustine visit because of its rich historical background. These photos you have here Ams just added the to the interest that I have had. Hopefully, someday soon! :)

    Thanks for joining last week's TT, Ams! I always enjoy your shared so I hope you won't get tired joining! :)

    ReplyDelete

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Thanks for stopping by. Spam Comments will not be approve :-)

Disclosure:

This policy is valid from 26 April 2011

This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate or not. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Social Plugins