Google Friend Connect Followers:

Translate this Blog:

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Inflation and Homeless

If you noticed in my Facebook Account, I took pictures of almost anything that I find interesting. Mostly, all the nice view of beautiful places and food. I seldom take pictures of a crowd and individual person because I just respect their privacy. I was reading the news today and one article caught my attention. In fact, I read the whole article up to the last stanza which was written by Kate Santich of Orlando Sentinel.It's about Joel Miller (picture above snipped from Orlando Sentinel) who works with the Central Florida Commission on Homelessness who is helping homeless people OFF the streets of Orlando and into Housing. I truly admire his dedication on his job considering he is doing a "one-man show". Searching for homeless is probably easy but, listening to their stories must be truly a heart breaker. Helping them to find a descent shelter is a long process and not an easy task either. That is why, I salute him for that inspiring spirit of doing what's need to be done!

Are there homeless in America? Yes, as a matter of fact there are so many and in Orlando alone, the number is rising due to the inflation. Economic problem is like a domino effect. Business closed-employee lost the job-no earnings-can't provide food on the table-can't pay rent- and so on. People NEED Job to get back on their feet.We have a beautiful park here in Orlando called Lake Eola. I saw on the news that some private sector are doing the initiative to provide FOOD for the homeless. I have been there and I saw groups of homeless people wandering around the park. Some elite complain about them though. They say, after they were given food, they don't throw their garbage properly making the park untidy. The last time I was there, it looks clean though. Anyway, I hope the local government will do something more to assist their needs. I also hope that the government will do something "SERIOUS" for the people! I bet, that won't be so, since presidential election is coming! What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. ate amy! ask lng ko ig naapil ba nimu save ako blogs sa blogroll nimu? wa mn gud ko kita..hehehe..nabuta ra guro ko..pero imu links dugay2 nasab to naku nasave sa ako blogs..lamat te..

    ReplyDelete

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Thanks for stopping by. Spam Comments will not be approve :-)

Disclosure:

This policy is valid from 26 April 2011

This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate or not. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Social Plugins